|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£65000 - £68500 per annum + 26 days holiday, local goverment pension|
|Contact Name:||Ben Tibbert|
|Job Published:||August 06, 2020 17:11|
The Financial Controller is a key senior figure within the finance team with responsibility for the preparation of the statutory reports for the organisation and management of the financial transactions team.
The organisation is a large Housing Association based in South East London, which owns and manages 19,000 properties. Over the last few years it has increased its development pipeline to construct 1000 new homes and continues to invest heavily into the local area. On top of the housing services it provides it also works closely with the local community and grass root charities.
The Financial Controller, based in London, reports to the Head of Finance and has three direct reports and an overall team of eight.The Financial Accounting Team is responsible for the primary ledgers, financial controls, production and reconciliation of the balance sheet, cash flow, VAT/Tax compliance, statutory accounts production and other external reporting. The post holder has responsibility for delivering operational effectiveness and technical compliance in this area.
Further to this you will also have extensive exposure to the implementation of new finance systems and the role interactions on a regular basis with the organisations senior management team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant with experience of working in the financial function of a complex organisation. You will need the following experience:
- Experience in the production of Statutory Accounts and dealing with external audit requirements, with an up to date knowledge of general accounting principles.
- You will be proactive and able to learn, review and develop internal processes and procedures, continuously looking to improve the services and outputs delivered by the team as well as enforcing compliance.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand a wide range of stakeholder needs and adapt services where necessary.
- An individual who enjoys a challenge and wishes to work in a high performing finance function, with the ability to develop and motivate a team of people to deliver results.
- Experience of managing a team and getting the best out of team members.
- Housing or property experience.
- Experience dealing with Oracle finance systems.
- Knowledge of rent and service charge accounting.
£65,000-£68,500, flexible working hours, options to work from home up to three days a week and local government pension scheme.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50,000 - £52,000 per year
Chichester, West Sussex
£50000 - £55000 per annum
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Financial Planning and Analysis Manager
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + generous pension
Director Remedies, Business and Financial Analysis
£91,754 - £105,000 plus excellent benefits