11 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Hays Senior Finance are currently working with a leading Manufacturing business based on the outskirts of Stroud as they look to recruit a Financial Controller for their head office. This role will manage all aspects of the finance function and will involve working with a variety of stakeholders.
The Financial controller will be responsible for maintaining and developing robust financial management processes and procedures as well as coaching, developing and leading a small finance team.
- Day to day management of the Finance Department and staff
- FP&A and business planning
- Prepare timely monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentary
- Supporting the production of the annual budgets and forecasts, including cash flow forecasting and management of working capital
- Prepare regular and ad hoc financial reports, analysis and forecasts for the Senior Management Team
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Review all financial and budget plans regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Manage cashflow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports.
- Production of annual UK statutory accounts and audit, and act as first point of contact of support on internal and external audit queries
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Ensure the finance systems and reporting tools continue to develop to meet the needs of the business
The successful candidate will be qualified accountant ACCA, ACA or CIMA with a proven financial experience within a manufacturing environment. A strong knowledge of systems and process improvement would also be advantageous in this role along side a good leadership skill set.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.