£65000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
20 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Your new company
An established publishing and events business that includes business-to-business magazines and web sites catering a diverse community of blue-chip clients. Their client base ranges from technology and manufacturing to construction and energy.
Your new role
They are looking to hire a technically adept Financial Controller who will be the second-in-command to the Finance Director, with 5 direct reports. This will be a hands-on all-round position covering all aspects of finance for the group. As a high-level overview:
- Produce final accounts and consolidation for audit
- Produce quarterly UK VAT returns
- Review detailed management accounts and revenue/cost analysis
- Produce cash flow projections and assess foreign currency exposure
- Internal checks and audit
- Ensure compliance with company accounting procedures
What you'll need to succeed
- Commercially minded qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA)
- Capable leader with a desire to collaborate and contribute
- Solid experience creating and managing budgets
- Highly organised and comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Background assisting with the running of SME-style environments
What you'll get in return
If you are looking for an environment to grow, the vision is for this candidate to become the Finance Director in 2-3 years. Along with this, you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package with the opportunity to work a progressive and welcoming Media environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion around your career.