|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£45000 - £48000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ben Tibbert|
|Job Published:||June 10, 2020 16:33|
The Financial Controller role reports into the Head of Financial accounting and effectively acts as the deputy in the preparation of the organisations statutory accounts. This is a great role for someone that has recently qualified and is looking for a broad technical position.
Our client is a one of the fastest growing homeless charities in the UK and is actively tackling the issues of homelessness. With ambitious expansion plans this is a fantastic time to join as it seeks to grow over the coming years.
The Financial Controller position will involve the following responsibilities:
- Line manage 1 finance assistant providing support, training and development opportunities.
- Responsible for all the financial accounting activities and financial control monitoring
- Maintain and develop accounts payable and receivable services.
- Produce cash flow reports and forecasts.
- Manage all restricted funding and ensure all funds are agreed and utilised in line with business aims.
- Manage payroll accounts
- Maintain compliance with HRMC gift aid requirements and prepare VAT returns for the organisation.
- Produce and review annual reports and month-end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Liaise with external advisors on tax efficiencies
- Newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Exposure to the preparation of statutory accounts and ideally hands on experience of preparing them yourself.
- Excellent analytical skills to review data effectively.
- Experience of developing complex spreadsheet models for record keeping and reporting financial information with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a range of audiences.
- Knowledge and experience of managing VAT, Gift Aid, and tax matters.
- Experience of working within the property/housing sector.
- Technical understanding of Housing SORP.
£45,000-48,000 + Excellent benefits, working from home options and
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
bonus and benefits
Financial Accountant - Fixed Assets
£40k - 44k per year + Flexible, Home Working
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Solihull, West Midlands
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Market leading benefits