|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Freestone|
|Job Published:||June 01, 2020 15:19|
Michael Page are delighted to be exclusively partnering Blenheim with their search for a talented and technically astute Financial Controller with extensive Group consolidations experience. The role is based in Woodstock, Oxfordshire.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Finance Team at one of Britain's most iconic estates. Over 300 years old, Blenheim is a successful diverse business including a major visitor attraction. Our core revenue streams are visitor income, rental property (commercial, residential and agricultural) and property development.
Financial reporting reflects this diversity with a significant number of legal entities across both December and March year ends. Although most of these entities are Companies, we also have Charity, Unit Trust and family Trust accounts to prepare.
Every member of our Blenheim team shares five core Blenheim Behaviours. They underpin everything we do and we want people to acknowledge that these behaviours are part of what makes us unique.
We will tell you more about these during the interview process, but in brief, they are:
- Relish a new challenge every day - love the fact that every day at Blenheim is different.
- Show honesty with kindness - do the right thing even when it is uncomfortable or inconvenient.
- Share a sense of belonging - be part of something special, where you feel at home and can make a difference.
- Keep our promises - to ourselves, our colleagues and the world outside.
- Make history - we are guardians of this place for just a moment in time.
The role of Financial Controller will report to the Head of Finance and will have 3 direct reports and 8 indirect.
Key role functions:
- Managing the finance team
- Supervision of month end close to ensure timely reporting
- Prepare monthly management accounts (to review stage)
- Key involvement in annual budget process and reforecasts as required
- Business partnering
- Overview of compliance
- Ensure tax compliance and drive tax efficiencies
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Prepare all financial statements (with assistance of qualified staff)
- Other reporting - Gender Pay Gap, Economic Impact, Carbon, National Statistics
- Supervision of VAT returns
- Manage the audit process and relationship with BDO
Candidate Knowledge and Skills requirements
- Finance team management
- Significant exposure to account preparation including complex consolidations
- Advanced Excel
- Strong inter-personal skills
- System development experience
- Experience of working at a complex group
- Willing to work flexibly to meet deadlines
- Practice background - Top 15
- Knowledge of Charity, Unit Trust, Company and Trust accounts
- Knowledge of Access DimensionsKey skills:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with more than 5 year PQE
- Experience of complex consolidations
£55-60k per annum
Exceptional working environment
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's