|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£60,000 - £75,000 depending on experience|
|Job Published:||May 27, 2020 17:27|
At QCS we are well equipped for all employees to work remotely. Our systems are Cloud based allowing us, in normal conditions, to provide our Teams with Everyday Flex and therefore the transition to 100% remote working was seamless. We also like pets, kids and saying “hello” to grandma so please do not be deterred from applying if you have a full house. At QCS we are all working together to find our way to balance our responsibilities between our work duties and our personal lives in these new circumstances.
We have made changes to our hiring process to ensure we can continue to hire talent remotely in order to provide the best possible service to our customers. We have taken our recruitment process online with video interviews and online assessments. The onboarding process is also managed remotely, including the provision of software and hardware.
As the Financial Controller at QCS you have full day to day ownership of all financial accounting tasks as well as playing a supporting role to the Finance and Operations Director. Your job centres on producing timely results that are high quality and accurate. You have an analytical, enquiring and critical mind and you are energised by concepts, systems or ideas of technical orientation.
The Finance Controller opportunity:
- Establish and maintain robust controls, accounting policies and best practice within the finance team.
- Own the month end process, including preparation & presentation of monthly management pack to FD, ensuring the highest levels of integrity & accuracy are maintained.
- Provide insight & understanding into business performance through detailed variance analysis taking ownership of any work-streams that arise.
- Manage outsourced payroll provider to ensure accuracy of monthly payroll & PAYE.
- Manage outsourced accountants in delivery of year-end financial reports.
- Business owner for Sage accounting software.
- Own monthly balance sheet recs, quarterly VAT returns.
- Reconcile bank accounts, supplier invoices, expenses claims & intercompany transactions.
- Ad-hoc analysis to enhance stakeholder understanding of the financials.
- Lead ad-hoc finance projects as required.
- You are a strong technical accountant with a recognised professional accountancy qualification and 3+ years PQE.
- You have an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- You value systems and have a demonstrable track record in driving systems and continuous process improvement.
- You set an inspiring example through initiative, energy and positivity.
- You are flexible, resilient, and competitive.
- You get things done!
Need to know more before you apply? Contact Patricia on 07973 354065
This a full-time, permanent opportunity with Everyday Flex - remote and flexible working
At QCS we have a culture we are proud of. A set of values that are shared by everyone in the company. These values are what got us to where we are, from a £30k a year business, into a business that supports thousands of care providers across the UK. They are also the values that will help us achieve our long-term goal of helping 3 million people a day enjoy a better quality of life.
We believe everything we do should revolve around these core values:
Do the Right Thing - Make it Better - Play for the Team - Get it Done
QCS benefits include Everyday Flex, 29+ days annual leave, pension, Perkbox employee rewards (childcare vouchers, cycle to work, dining, shopping and entertainment discounts), parking paid and local gym membership.
QCS is an Investors in People Silver Award winning company. Learn more about us, our values and the value we place in our employees - view our video https://www.qcs.co.uk/work-with-us/
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's