|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus + private medical|
|Contact Name:||Richard Hailey|
|Job Published:||May 07, 2020 09:28|
Working on a exclusive basis Michael Page are partnering Abbey Pynford to recruit a newly created position of Financial Controller. As Financial Controller, you will be responsible for timely production of monthly management accounts & board packs, VAT returns, cash flow forecasting, budgeting and audit as well as improving processes and implementing controls.
Abbey Pynford is a leading & dynamic ground engineering solutions Company with considerable expertise in the complex fields of foundations, underpinning and piling. Over the years, we have been working with some of the UK's leading house builders, developers and major construction companies to meet the growing demands of the industry and are looking to grow over the next 3 years.
- Producing the monthly management accounts and executive board packs on a timely basis, including reviewing actuals costs against budget costs and providing commentary where necessary.
- Reviewing job margins & challenge surveyors and project manager on any significant margin variations or accruals.
- Working the relevant manager and preparing annual and midyear budgets and updating rolling forecasts in the management accounts.
- Reviewing the month end processes and making improvements to eliminate any non-value adding activities
- Liaising with the auditors during the year and managing the company audit at year end
- Processing monthly payroll journals and reconciling salary, PAYE & NIC control accounts and reconciling figures with HMRC records.
- Dealing with HMRC queries and reporting any findings
- Producing & reviewing the 13-week cash flow forecast and working with the finance director in managing cashflow constraints
- Reviewing weekly supplier and subcontractor payments and authorising payment on Lloyds banking system
- Producing, reviewing and processing; P11D's; Vat Returns; PAYE submissions; monthly journals including prepayments and accruals
- Must have Construction sector experience
- Qualified ACCA or CIMA individual or Finalist with extensive management accounts experience.
- Extensive management accounts experience and worked in a variety of similar roles in similar size companies.
- Working Capital and cashflow management experience
- Team Management experience, as leading a small team of three
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently and have a high level of initiative to make improvements.
- Very organised with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work load.
- Commercially astute and is focused on delivering solutions and results.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a positive can do attitude
- Excellent team player with exceeding organisational and management skills
- Highly numeric with advance IT skill and highly proficient with Excel spreadsheets
- Nav Dynamics and sage payroll advantageous.
£45,000-50,000 + bonus + private medical
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's