Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£65000 - £75000 per annum
21 days ago
This exciting Financial Controller opportunity has arisen within a division of a large group - reporting to the local (and inspirational MD).
A leading service provider within the Manufacturing and Engineering sector, this organisation has created a robust business model with a clear vision and plan. The company forms a small part of a large group that has been able to thrive in recent years due to a diverse portfolio of clients and customers.
This is a great time to join their business and they plan to take more market share in the coming years.
The Financial Controller will act as the lead finance representative for the organisation; delivering on all financial responsibilities whilst focusing on building a commercially focused finance team that challenges, supports and partners operational colleagues.
The role will be required to act as the main conduit between the Group company whilst focusing a large majority of time and resource to the enhancement of the local business. Key deliverables will include:
- Investment appraisals
- Planning and budget cycles
- Rigorous and timely management information
- Business partnering with operations
As this is a Divisional Financial Controller role, there is less emphasis on the technical reporting, controls and tax expertise and more attention on the characteristics and the ability to demonstrate a commercial outlook.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be professionally qualified - ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Spot trends and advise the business to minimise threats & maximise opportunities
- Show excellent leadership skills - both with direct reports and peers/colleagues
- Thrive within a fast-paced and pressurised environment
£65,000 - £75,000 + benefits