|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Location:||Wakefield, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Jodie Beck|
|Job Published:||April 23, 2020 09:49|
Fantastic opportunity in Wakefield for a Financial Controller seeking a hands-on role, and looking to add value and assist in the further growth of a business. Opportunity to work as part of a leading manufacturing and production business, managing a small team and being a key point of contact for senior stakeholders within the business.
Our client is a leading Manufacturer in their field, who have seen consistent growth since they were established around 40 years ago. They are a private equity backed business who are now in their next phase of growth, with a clear growth strategy for the next 12 months.
As Financial Controller, you will be no.1 on site for the majority of the time, and will be a key point of contact for senior stakeholders within the business. You will manage a small team and will take responsiblity for all aspects of the finance function. You will be responsible for effective management reporting, legislative compliance and will regularly liaise and influence the leadership board to aid decision-making.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the finance function to ensure effective controls and processes
- Providing meaningful financial analysis and advising the Financial Director and leadership board to support key decision-making
- Reviewing and presenting monthly management accounts, including reporting on the company's trading and financial position within agreed timescales
- Preparing annual financial budgets for board approval to include profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow
- Participate as a key member of the business's management team to support business growth
- Lead an ERP systems implementation from a financial perspective
- Oversee HR and IT administration
- Prepare business models to assess investment decisions
- Tax management including R&D Tax Submissions
- Responsible for the annual audit process
- Managing a small finance team
- Responsible for reporting KPIs and financial performance
- Maintenance of the costing system
- To provide advice and support to all wider business functions
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Extensive management accounts experience
- Practical experience of working capital and cash flow management
- Detailed understanding of all aspects of a small finance function to include AP, AR, Fixed Assets
- Ability to prepare detailed balance sheet and cash flow forecasts
- Excellent Excel skills
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Line management experience advantageous
- Experience working in a PE business environment advantageous
- Experience of Sage Line 50, EFACS or similar
This is a hands-on role within a rapidly growing SME, therefore the successful candidate will be dynamic and driven, and will have excellent attention to detail. You will be confident managing a team and liaising and influencing key stakeholders.
In return, this business are offering the successful Financial Controller a competitive salary with additional benefits, alongside the opportunity to be a key contributor to the Management team, and to assist with the further growth of this highly successful business.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's