|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£58,000 plus benefits|
|Job Published:||March 25, 2020 17:04|
Purpose of the role
To provide a) accurate and timely Financial Reporting and Planning for CILEx, b) Leadership of the finance team and c) support to the CFO.
Key areas of responsibility
- Mange both the Group Management Accountant and Shared Services Finance Manager to ensure delivery of a high-quality standard of service in all financial matters across, that meets SLAs and through targets drives performance improvements.
- Ensure the Finance team prepare accurate and timely monthly Management Reports, Year-end financial reports, Annual multiyear Budgets and in year Forecasts that track performance, reports trends both numerically and in narrative and support decision making.
- Treasury Management of operational and investment cash flows by reviewing financial information and reports including control of all company bank accounts and investment accounts
- Oversee the development and ongoing implementation of Buisness systems that provide accurate, timely information, support continuous improvement and meet all regulation and legislation requirements.
- Manage a programme of internal audits to monitor the effectiveness of key financial controls, ensuring that action plans and changes are delivered
- Liaison with external auditors to secure an unqualified audit opinion and to ensure compliance with all regulations.
- Comply with all HMRC corporation tax, PAYE, VAT, IPT and other returns
- Undertake all submissions to Companies House
- Build strong relationships with all budget holders to ensure the effective development and review of plans and budgets.
- Report to the CFO
- with timely and accurate financial information.
- Analysis of a range of financial information to inform the overall strategy
- Producing and presenting reports to senior managers, stakeholders and board members.
- Managing and investing time in the personal development of yourself and the finance team, ensuring that work is performed to a high standard.
- Qualified accountant (ICAEW, ACCA, CCAB or CIMA)
- Experience of managing a finance team
- Experience of budgeting, forecasting and financial planning.
- Experience of setting up new financial systems
- Experience of working in a Membership, Chartered or other Professional Body
- Managing others strives to get the best out of the team and encourages high standards from others
- Commitment: promotes a quality ethos within the team, displaying energy and enthusiasm in pursuit of business, team and own goals
- Commercial awareness: understands the business issues facing the organisation and propose suggestions for efficiency and other organisational benefits
- Accountability: encourages team members to take accountability and rectifies issues and mistakes (own and team's) quickly, effectively and in a supportive way, taking responsibility for outcomes
- Organisational skills: manages own and others’ time and resources effectively for the department to deliver to agreed standards and deadlines
- Technical knowledge: uses the required technical knowledge and skills to carry out the role successfully
- Communication skills: communicates effectively with a wide range of people both verbally and in writing and can present financial information that is meaningful for non-finance managers
- Self-management: can work autonomously and as part of a team to deliver results
- Analytical skills: looks objectively at situations and finds alternative and creative solutions to a variety of issues
- Self-development: demonstrates interest in developing own skills and knowledge
- Flexibility: initiates, identifies and drives ways to do things more efficiently and economically
- Be receptive to working in a changing environment through embracing new ideas and having a flexible attitude to work and be willing to take on cross-team responsibilities as required
- Proven ability to work with and lead others through encouragement, inspiration and support to deliver results
- Relationship management: develops effective working relationships with colleagues within the department and in other parts of the organisation
- Resilience: able to remain calm, even when under pressure
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £50000 per annum
£40k - 45k per year
£43k - 46k per year
Financial Systems Analyst
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + benefits
Financial Accountant - Part-time
£40000 - £45000 per annum