|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£70000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Paul Urquhart|
|Job Published:||March 03, 2020 23:21|
Newly created Financial Controller / Group Accountant role leading a team of 15 staff across 3 core teams. Role near Dartford / Bromley paying up to £80,000 plus benefits. Technical / Statutory focus.
My client is a large and successful construction / engineering business based in North West Kent. Easily accessible from London, Bromley, Swanley, Dartford, Croydon and out into Kent, Surrey and Sussex by road or rail.
The Financial Controller will take overall responsibility for the core finance function for this excellent business. You will oversee the statutory and transactional accounts teams, supporting delivery of financial and commercial strategy for the Group.
This will include the maintenance of accurate, tax compliant and complete financial records, in accordance with recognised accounting practices and statutory requirements.
You will deliver effective financial management and financial control to support and develop the business and will lead external liaison as a financial representative for the business.
Specific duties include:
- Management, supervision, motivation, retention, training and recruiting of finance department staff (c 15 with 4-5 direct reports)
- Ensuring that the team adhere with group policies and procedures
- Ensuring that the finance department is efficient and effective
- Ensuring hat corporate balance sheets are submitted in a timely and accurate fashion
- Maintaining KPIs on corporate balance sheet
- Reconciling and filing high balance sheets on a monthly / quarterly basis
- Accounting for central overheads CAPEX and Group charges
- Maintaining and developing strong working relationships with the clearing bank, minimising bank charges and net interest payable
- Ensuring that treasury controls are in place and payments are approved.
- Managing the corporate credit card and policy.
- Maintaining a constructive and good working relationship with external auditors, HMRC, tax advisors.
- Ensure that the Business Partners and the Businesses receive the financial service and support required in terms of quality, timeliness and accuracy.
- Managing, developing and continuously improving the finance processes and procedures, ensuring an active finance systems strategy is in place to develop systems capability
- Ensuring effective anti-fraud measures are in place
- Preparing statutory accounts for all group companies and submitting tax computations within required timescales
- Undertaking tax compliance - VAT, CIS, PAYE, NI, CT, P11D, PSA etc, as well as all other regulatory requirements
Through these responsibilities you will support the heads of department and commercial business partners to understand their costs and variances to budget / forecast, providing accurate forecasts for full year exposure.
You will also assist and challenge the departments in their production of budgets, forecasts, business plans and cost saving initiatives
The successful candidate for this high level Financial Controller / Chief Accountant role will be
- Fully Qualified
- Highly organised
- An Excellent Communicator
- A strong people manager with experience of managing transactional finance teams
- Able to organise audit and tax responsibilities
If you have experience of Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) Accounting or experience in a construction / engineering background that would be advantageous
The Financial Controller will enjoy a package including:
- Base salary of up to £80,000
- Car allowance
- 26 days holiday
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus, Medical & Pension
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£60000 - £75000 per annum, Benefits: car allowance, healthcare, pension
Chichester, West Sussex
£45000 - £55000 per annum