|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£60000.00 - £80000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Joel Knight|
|Job Published:||February 25, 2020 09:34|
Your new company
I am currently working with a small but growing insurance and reinsurance broker with a global client base, operating out of London city. They are looking for a Financial Controller to manage the day to day finance operations of the the business and presents and exciting change to join a small, close knit team looking to help the business grow and expand.
Your new role
You will be responsible for a broad range of duties and responsibilities including:
- Manage all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and Management Accounts
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting including CASS 5 and FCA Returns and coordination with external auditors
- Support month-end and year-end accounts closing process and ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Credit control and bank reconciliation
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Additional controller duties as necessary
You will need to be a qualified accountant with proven experience in the insurance sector. This role will require a good focus on controls and process development with an understanding of UK GAAP and relevant regulatory standards. You will need to be a strong communicator capable of leading staff and helping them to learn and develop.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a growing business where you have the chance to mark your mark on this newly created role. In the business you will have excellent visibility to senior stakeholders and the opportunity to drive and implement change.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
City of London, London
£350.00 - £400.00 per day
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£60000 - £70000 per annum
Management Accountant/Financial Accountant
£50000 - £60000 per annum
£39000.00 - £49000.00 per annum
City of London, London
£400.00 - £500.00 per day