|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Owen Philp|
|Job Published:||February 07, 2020 11:17|
A permanent Financial Controller job paying up to £60k for a leading manufacturing organisation in Worcester.
£50,000-60,000 per annum
Mon-Thurs (8-4.30) and Fri (8-1.30)
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be supporting a PE backed manufacturing organisation in Worcester with the recruitment of a Financial Controller on a permanent basis.
You will be working for a well-established business that boasts a blue-chip customer base and features some of the biggest names within a specialist industry.
Your new role
Reporting into the site MD with a dotted line to the Group FC, you will be responsible for the accounting and controlling aspects of the Worcester site, maintaining the overall integrity of its financial numbers. You will provide accurate cost information and analysis of the entire site manufacturing operations, including KPIs and trends, to enable an efficient management decision-making process.
- Management of financial and general accounting for the site
- Management of manufacturing cost accounting and costing function
- Monthly reporting of standards (material, sub con, direct labour, overheads) by product
- Key spend and variance analysis
- Full reconciliation of UK stocks and WIP
- Monthly valuation of site WIP
- Provide summary and detailed stock reports
- Preparation and issue of monthly Group reports
- Preparation of monthly site MI pack
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Leading annual audit support for costing, valuation and stock reporting
- Lead annual stock take and its reconciliation followed by an accurate report of findings
- Development of annual site budgets
- Development of site KPIs
- Business partnering with Senior Management
- Line management and development of one Purchase Ledger Clerk
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong background in complex manufacturing/engineering environments
- Cost accounting experience
- Experienced in statutory accounting and management of audits
- Excellent attention to detail with a focus on implementing robust controls and processes
- Highly numeric and strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Computer literate with a good understanding of ERP systems (Aventa/Sage 1000 would be an advantage)
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's