|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2020 12:06|
12 month fixed term contract
This role will be based in our Chessington Support Office, located near Tolworth station, only a 30-minute journey from London Waterloo.
What we're looking for
As the Financial Controller you will work alongside the other Heads of Departments to contribute to the delivery of the overall company strategy.
You will lead and develop the Finance team to deliver the department action plans and be prepared to be hands on and get stuck in where needed.
As a commercial thinker you will have great technical accounting skills and the ability to embrace new challenges and look for ways to continually develop internal financial systems and reporting.
What you'll be doing
- Overseeing the annual statutory accounting of the UK and Irish companies
- Managing the annual audit process, closely liaising with the auditors
- Overseeing the year end accounting procedure and consolidation, intercompany and statutory accounting
- Reviewing the final accounts and tax computations with the COO for final submission
- Ensuring the company adheres to all legal and statutory obligations for the UK and Ireland
- Managing the overall budgeting process and timetable, meeting with the HODs to discuss proposed budgets and challenging where necessary
- Tightly managing cash flow alongside the Senior Treasury Analyst, reviewing and approving all supplier payments
- Providing leadership to the HODs on all financial matters to ensure the smooth running of the wider business
- Reviewing the payroll files before submission to bank input on staff forecasting and resourcing decisions
- Leading on Brexit planning and co-ordinating the Brexit team meetings and related activity
- Developing and managing the Finance team of 10 with four direct reports covering Commercial Finance, Treasury, Management Accounting and Accounts Payable
- Building a strong team and motivating them to collaborate and support each other to ensure effective communication
- Attending and actively contributing at monthly compliance and HOD meetings
Key skills needed
- Qualified accountant (ACA) with post-qualification experience
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and other office tools
- Significant experience working in an accounts environment
- Excellent systems understanding, experience implementing new systems would be advantageous
- Successful track record of leading a finance team
- Analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent business partnering skills
- Experience of managing and developing a finance team
We pay a competitive salary, with up to 50% discount on OB products.
Head over to our Bonas Benefits page for more information on what we offer.
If you're interested, click "Apply" and fill out a short form directly on our website.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000 - £50000 per annum
£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
Financial Controller (ACA)
£65000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits Inc, £7k Car Allowance, 15% Bonus
£50000 - £55000 per annum