|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Piercy|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2020 18:40|
A local construction specialist covering a wide area of the South West are looking for an experience accountant to join their small finance team, as the financial controller.
The role reports to the Managing Director. You will be responsible for oversight of the day to day accounting and supporting the finance team where required as well as assisting the Managing Director on various financial planning and analysis project. These latter aspects encompass input into the wider commercial strategy of the business.
You will be a versatile hands on individual capable of immersing yourself into the daily operational detail when required as well as being able to deal with the wider business horizon.
Your responsibilities would include:
- Management and oversight of the monthly, accounts payable and receivables
- VAT Returns
- Review and oversight of monthly payroll and all subcontractor runs, and associated matters
- Management and oversight of daily, weekly and monthly treasury functions
- Timely production of the monthly board packs and monthly management accounts
- liaising with company bankers, auditors, tax advisors and HRMC as required
- Leading the external audits and preparation of statutory accounts, compliant with UK GAAP
- Development of the team, systems and processes to provide enhance reporting visibility on the business drivers and performance of the individual business units
- Strong technical knowledge with an emphasis on planning and control
- Production of annual budget, rolling forecast, cashflow and business performance reviews
- Preparation, management and execution of short-term cash forecasting, creating rolling STCF's, linked to monthly MMA and driving actions to implement across the business in line with plans
- Working closely in a collegiate manner with senior internal stakeholders including the shareholders and MD
The successful candidate will be:
- A qualified Accountant
- Strong communicator
- Commercially aware
- Experience problem solving
- Technically competent
- Sage Experience
- Strong Excel
- FT Monday to Friday - 40 hour week
- Experience of manging a CID facility is highly desirable
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£60000 - £75000 per annum, Benefits: car allowance, healthcare, pension
£70000 - £80000 per annum + Benefits
Group Financial Controller
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits
Group Financial Controller
Financial Controller - Real Estate
£60000 - £65000 per annum