|Job Title:||Financial Controller|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Owen Philp|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2020 16:24|
A permanent Financial Controller job paying £40-50k for a growing organisation based in Pershore.
£40,000-50,000 per annum
Mon-Fri (9-5) - flexibility required
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be supporting a reputable SME organisation in Pershore with the recruitment of a Financial Controller on a permanent basis.
The business has seen excellent growth over the years and are now classed as one of the UK's leading suppliers in their field. As a result, a need has become available for a qualified Accountant to contribute to their continued success and growth.
Your new role
Reporting directly into the Managing Director/Owners, you will lead the finance team and take full control of the finance function heading up the day-to-day activities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Ownership and delivery of the annual budgeting, forecasting and analysis process
- Completion of the monthly management accounts including P&L, balance sheet, revenue and expense review
- Preparation of the monthly Board pack
- Preparation and submission of monthly VAT returns and HMRC related tasks
- Responsible for the day-to-day processing of debtors, creditors and cash transactions through overseeing and leading the team
- Ownership of the company's financial systems ensuring robust processes are in place
- Completion of bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of year-end statutory accounts and reports
- Management of the annual audit and liaising with external contacts
- Development of management accounts and KPIs
- Managing, mentoring and developing the finance team
- Contributing to business plans and financial strategies with involvement in the decision-making process
- Preparation of ad hoc financial reports as and when requested
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong and proven financial control/management experience
- Commercial mindset with experience in FP&A
- Background in improving processes and controls
- Excellent business partnering skills with the ability to communicate complex financial information to non-finance colleagues whilst influencing the decision-making process
- Up-to-date technical skills and confident around preparing UK statutory accounts
- Leadership skills with the ability to develop and manage a small team
- High attention to detail
- Proficient with MS Office (notably Excel) and accounting software
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's