19 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Financial Controller - Growing SME - Quedgeley
Hays Senior Finance are recruiting exclusively for a confident, ambitious and entrepreneurial Financial Controller with previous leadership experience and a desire to move into an expanding role is required to take full responsibility for the day-to-day financial operations of a leading wholesale company offering a dynamic and multi-faceted customer focused service throughout the UK and Internationally.
Reporting to the FD the successful Financial Controller will take on a pivotal senior management role providing financial information and analysis to the Board of Directors whilst overseeing the day to day operations of a small finance team. In addition to reviewing budgets, forecasts and business plans, the ideal candidate will have a successful track record of developing and implementing functional, customer focused strategies, designed to provide a firm financial platform for long term commercial growth.
The ability to develop strong and effective cross functional working initiatives, take the lead on developing and implementing specific corporate initiatives and represent the organisation with external and internal partners is essential.
- Accountable for all performance and achievement of targets, goals and objectives within the Finance Department.
- Working with the MD, assist with the development and successful implementation of strategies, business and financial plans
- Management of the payroll bureau relationship
- Provide day to day management and actively coach and develop the performance of team members; setting individual appraisals and improvement targets
- Providing accurate reports and metrics to company management
- Providing accurate cash-flow forecasting
- Liaison with Company Auditors and overseeing audit process
- Monthly management accounts and statutory accounting;
- Implement continuous improvements to the finance procedures, processes and services
- Managing the budgeting and forecasting process
- Ensuring compliance with HMRC requirements including VAT, PAYE,
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar senior finance role with team management responsibilities
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified)
- Statutory reporting experience, including VAT, PAYE and annual accounts
- Experience in the development of a financial information management system
- Budgeting and financial planning experience
- Ability to lead, motivate and encourage teams
- Strong IT skills and experience
- Ability to work under pressure
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive minded, commercially focused Financial Controller to join an established organisation with fully costed plans in place to double in size over the next 3-5 years. A competitive salary, benefits package and genuine career progression opportunities are on offer to the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.