Financial and Management Accountant
|Job Title:||Financial and Management Accountant|
|Salary:||£45,000 - £50,000 (FTE) per annum|
|Job Published:||November 10, 2020 16:39|
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday, additional hours may be required at month and year-end, reclaimed as time off in lieu of payment
Direct reports: Senior Finance Officer
Location: Currently working from home. Usually, Central London, with travel as necessary
Benefits: 25 days’ holiday per annum, flexible working, pension
We are looking for a qualified and experienced Financial and Management Accountant, who is highly motivated and versatile to help us transform our finance function. The ideal candidate will embrace having ownership of the financial statements including management accounts, budgets and forecasts and the knowledge and skills to provide key analysis essential for the organisation’s financial planning. Our values underpin all areas of our work and guide us in all we do:
- Passionate: taking pride in what we do and driven by success
- Professional: championing and achieving high standards and governed by professional integrity
- Enabling: helping others and empowered to take ownership, find solutions, make decisions and collaborate
- Enterprising: open to new solutions and committed to delivering where we already excel
- Respectful: honest and fair, treating everyone with consideration and respect
About the Chartered Institute of Fundraising
The Chartered Institute is the national membership organisation for professional fundraisers in the UK. We support and provide services for 6,000 individual members and 600 organisational members. The Chartered Institute facilitates 36 volunteer-led national, regional and special interest groups and provides training, qualifications, conferences, events, policy and guidance. Our vision is Excellent Fundraising for a Better World. We believe that an equal, diverse and inclusive fundraising community is integral to delivering excellent fundraising.
This is a new role as a Financial and Management Accountant, following a restructure, and we welcome applications from across the sector and those from other sectors. You will have proven:
- CCAB fully qualified accountant status
- The ability to oversee the finance team which services the transactional accounting needs for the Charity
- Good understanding of fundamental accounting principles, charities SORP and VAT for charities
- Strong IT & systems skills, including advanced user knowledge of Excel, Sage 50 and an understanding of the interrelationship between CRM and accounting systems
- Experience and understanding of payroll, pensions and benefits
- The ability to deal with complex situations with a variety of potential outcomes
The Chartered Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.
How to apply
Please select the apply button and complete all application questions. This will be redacted; the panel will not see any identifying information.
Your application will not be considered if you submit a CV and supporting statement.
Closing date: Midday, Friday, 20th November 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Thursday, 26th November 2020
Test: Monday, 30th November 2020
Interviews: Wednesday, 2nd December 2020
Please note that the interviews will take place via Zoom.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Financial and Management Accountant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Management Accountant, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountant, Accountant, Accounts Manager, Finance Manager, or Financial Advisor.
This role would also be suitable for those pursuing a career in Accountancy, Accounting, Accounts, Finance, or Financial Management.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits
£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + benefits
£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + benefits
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits Package
£40k - 46k per year