Leeds, West Yorkshire
£55000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
7 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Financial Accounting Manager
Your new role To assist the UK Finance Manager in the day to day running of the Finance department and ensuring accurate and timely month end, quarter end and year end closing has been performed. To ensure any tasks associated with monthly Financial accounts has been performed accurately and within set deadlines.
- Balance sheet reconciliations for 3 UK entities
- Managing FA's and analysing P&L cost for each UK entity
- To assist the UK Finance Manager ensuring any tasks associated with monthly Financial accounts has been performed accurately and within set deadlines
- To assist the UK Finance Manager in the day to day running of the Finance department and ensuring accurate and timely month end, quarter end and year end closing has been performed.
- All tasks associated with the day to day running of the finance team and month end / quarter end / year end.
- Submitting data to external tax team in order to assist them in finalising tax computations, calculations of QIP's and quarterly group tax calculations.
- Preparations and submission of company vat returns
- Produce final statutory accounts and assist with audit enquiries for 3 UK entities
- Assist with the company's internal control system
- Company secretarial duties
They are looking for a Qualified Accountant, from a large corporately run company background with industry experience, preferably Manufacturing. Experience of using SAP would be an advantage but not essential. It is a very technical role, but the successful applicant has to be able to communicate with the key stakeholders and all internal functions. Externally they will be dealing with, regulatory bodies, auditors, tax advisors, banks and other vendors. Having a dynamic personality and get up and go is essential. As this is a newly created role, my client is looking for a number two that she can confidently handover work to and share ideas for improvements and assist her with various projects. She wants to be able to bat ideas off each other and really work well as a team.
She is ideally strategically planning for the future, and her aim longer term is for the successful applicant for this role to be able to do her job in the future, allowing her to progress within the business. This is a great opportunity for someone who is ambitious and wanting to progress their career.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified
- Good understanding of Excel
- Qualified Technical Financial Accountant with experience of Tax preparation Strong background in month end closing and financial accounting
- Excellent communication skills
- Awareness of UK Taxes Acts
- Knowledge of Tax aspects of UK GAAP and IFRS
- SAP (ERP) Knowledge
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to join this stable business at a time of growth. A competitive salary and excellent benefits.