Financial Accounting Manager
|Job Title:||Financial Accounting Manager|
|Contact Name:||Joe Adams|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2021 07:05|
We are currently seeking a Financial Accounting Manager to join a newly formed company based in central London.
The company was founded by veterans who currently operate a leading fund in the games industry, and had previous experience working at major platforms and publishers. Headquartered in London, UK, with additional foothold in North America, Europe, and Asia, the company will be focused on investment and publishing of games across PC and Console. It is well funded and recently closed a significant investment round to scale up its global operations.
About the role
This is the first role based in the UK other than the Chief Financial Officer, and similarly will be the first full-time role in the finance team. With this first mover advantage you will be able to help set things up in the best way possible, help create processes, drive the way we do things, and build the team from the ground up.
We need someone who knows the workings of the core Finance team inside and out, and who is ready to start leading individual projects to create planning, tracking and control processes. You'll provide management with insightful data-driven recommendations, accounting and reporting support. At the same time you’ll be equally comfortable with detailed technical accounting matters and be ready to find the correct answer for multi-currency multi-jurisdictional reporting under IFRS, especially those involved in consolidation and acquisition accounting.
You will need to partner with the executives in the business assisting with operations and forecasting as needed, as well as helping to set up a global reporting structure.
This role will report directly to the CFO, and suits someone who wants and needs to get stuck in at every level, and get involved with a company with set strategic aims in a relatively tight timeframe, do a bit of everything, but know when to ask for help or advice.
- Work directly with the CFO and be the first full time member of the team;
- Oversee the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing;
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with regulations;
- Be responsible for the preparation of consolidated financial and statutory accounts for the group under IFRS;
- Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the finance team from an accounting and reporting perspective;
- Lead the financial/regulatory aspects of investment transactions and support due diligence, especially with respect to PPA and other acquisition accounting considerations;
- The potential to lead from an accounting perspective any and all transactions in the future;
- Assistance in the preparation of the annual budget, three year business plan, and quarterly forecasts process down to the subsidiary level;
- Assist with periodic financial results to the Board of Directors and other major investors including month-end variance analysis to plan development of business model;
- Provide on-going support to the CFO and the other key stakeholders in the business across a wide variety of internal projects and on-going accounting & operational initiatives;
- Drive automation and improvement in reporting and process; and
- Help build the team and assist with recruitment of new team members.
- Management level finance experience- well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to investment transactions, multi-currency consolidation, PPA;
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent) with experience in the preparation of financial statements and technical accounting;
- Bachelors degree or equivalent;
- Experience of working with Auditors to complete statutory audits;
- Confident user of accounting software with an ability to learn new systems quickly along with high Microsoft Excel knowledge;
- Strong knowledge of accounting policies and IFRS;
- Experience in a publicly listed company and dealing with related corporate governance, compliance, and regulatory matters and experience in the IPO process is an advantage;
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines to ensure key deliverables are met; meets deadlines and is reliable;
- Communicate issues succinctly and in a timely manner. Proactively manage issues before they become problems;
- Detail oriented with the ability to keep focused on the big picture;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and committed to seeing tasks through to completion;
- Able to develop key relationships across all functions throughout the company;
- Ability to take full ownership of projects within a small team; and
- Experience in video games industry is an advantage but not mandatory; candidates without video games industry experience must be able to demonstrate their understanding of the space.
About the Company
As mentioned the Company is currently unannounced. That’s because we want to already be in full flow before we share it with the world. And we need your help to get to that point. We can share more information about what we have planned further on in the process naturally.
If the opportunity to help build a finance function from scratch from a well-funded starting point excites you please get in touch! Excitement lies in the unknown…
We have some great benefits to take advantage of, including the potential to join a stock option plan, and private health care. We intend to expand the list of benefits as the Company grows and matures.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Accounting & Financial Control Manager
£70000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
Financial Reporting Manager
bonus and benefits
Financial Controller - ACA Manager Level
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + bonus & benefits
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus,