Financial Accounting Manager
|Job Title:||Financial Accounting Manager|
|Salary:||£50000 - £53000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ben Tibbert|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2020 18:01|
Financial Accounting Manager reporting into the Head of Financial Accounting responsible for the preparation of the statutory accounts.
The organisation is a large Housing Association based in South East London, which owns and manages 19,000 properties. Over the last few years it has increased its development pipeline seeking to construct 1000 new homes in the next three years and continues to invest into the local area. On top of the housing services it provides, it also works closely with the local community and grass root charities.
The Financial Accounting Manager has the following responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the review and oversight of accurate recording of accounting entries.
- Responsibility for the production of the Annual Financial Statements.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of the control accounts and company balances.
- Maintain the necessary record, chart of accounts and systems.
- Ensuring adequate internal financial controls are in place and provide assurance that these controls are in place.
- Monitoring financial systems to make sure they are being used correctly and that transactions are being recorded accurately.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant with experience of working in the financial function of a complex organisation. You will need the following experience:
- Experience in the production of Statutory Accounts and dealing with external audit requirements, with an up to date knowledge of general accounting principles.
- You will be proactive and able to learn, review and develop internal processes and procedures, continuously looking to improve the services and outputs delivered by the team as well as enforcing compliance.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand a wide range of stakeholder needs and adapt services where necessary.
- Housing or property experience.
- Experience dealing with Oracle finance systems.
- Knowledge of rent and service charge accounting.
£50,000-£53,000, 26 days annual leave and a 19% Employer Pension contribution
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's