Financial Accounting Manager
|Job Title:||Financial Accounting Manager|
|Salary:||£55000 - £65000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ben Tibbert|
|Job Published:||June 25, 2019 14:52|
The Financial Accounting Manager is a key senior figure within the finances with responsibility for the consolidated financial reports for the group.
The organisation is one of the largest Housing Associations in the UK and has been growing rapidly over the last few years. The Financial Accounting Manager has a critical role to play in supporting the delivery of this mission, ensuring effective management and control of the organisations resources, production and communication of financial information to all stakeholders, and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation.
The Financial Accounting & Control Manager, based in London, reports to the Head of Central Finance and has five direct reports - two Financial Accountants (who deputise for the role) and three Finance Officers. The Financial Accounting Team is responsible for the primary ledgers, financial controls, production and reconciliation of the balance sheet, cash flow, VAT/Tax compliance, statutory accounts production and other external reporting. The post holder has responsibility for delivering operational effectiveness and technical compliance in this area.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant with experience of working in the financial function of a complex organisation. You will need the following experience:
- Experience in the production of consolidated Statutory Accounts and dealing with external audit requirements, with an up to date knowledge of general accounting principles.
- You will be proactive and able to learn, review and develop internal processes and procedures, continuously looking to improve the services and outputs delivered by the team as well as enforcing compliance.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand a wide range of stakeholder needs and adapt services where necessary.
- An individual who enjoys a challenge and wishes to work in a high performing finance function, with the ability to develop and motivate a team of people to deliver results.
- Experience of managing a team and getting the best out of team members.
£55,000-65,000 + Additional benefits, working from options and flexible working.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's