Financial Accountant - Year End
|Job Title:||Financial Accountant - Year End|
|Salary:||£400.00 - £450.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Michal Piszczek|
|Job Published:||December 16, 2019 10:20|
We require interim cover to provide essential year-end support to the Head of Financial Accounts (HoFA).
Reporting to the HoFA, the Financial Accountants will have the responsibility to ensure that the Financial Reporting, Financial Risk and Control and Financial System activities of the Finance Function are efficiently managed during this highly pressurised time of year for the team. These roles will support the HoFA in overseeing the accounting and other transactional support (i.e. Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable) provided to the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Year-end accounts preparation, including preparing the financial statements and associated disclosures, ensuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with UK public sector reporting (i.e. FReM) requirements
- Preparing necessary journals and other accounting entries for the year-end accounts
- Financial governance, including ensuring that adequate audit trails and evidence exists to support the NAO's year-end audit of the annual report and accounts
- Interaction with the NAO to ensure they are provided with appropriate records and explanations to efficiently conduct their audit
- Interrogation of the General Ledger (GL) to ensure the integrity of the accounts, including highlighting issues and dealing with them appropriately
- Ensuring all transactions are properly recorded, including ensuring the timely completeness of all transactions
- Advice and assurance, including recommending appropriate accounting and reporting treatments for certain transactions within departments policy and processes
- Reconciliation and review of key balance sheet items and GL accounts
- Supporting the development and impact of a new accounting standard (i.e. IFRS 15) on the accounts
- Ensuring that financial controls are implemented, documented and maintained at the highest standard.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities and recommending solutions, including following through to ensure that recommended solutions are fully and properly implemented.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£32000 - £36000 per annum
£40000 - £45000 per annum
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Salford, Greater Manchester
£30000 - £40000.00 per annum
£65400 - £65500 per annum