Financial Accountant - Public Sector
|Job Title:||Financial Accountant - Public Sector|
|Location:||Sheffield, South Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Leading benefits package|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blyth|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2020 14:07|
Fantastic permanent opportunity with a local Multi-Academy trust based in Sheffield for a Financial Accountant
Your new company
I'm delighted to be supporting a local Multi-Academy Trust based in Sheffield in recruiting for a permanent Financial Accountant to join their established finance team.
Your new role
You will join the trust at an exciting time, and whilst reporting into the Finance Director, you will play a key part in ensuring the integrity of the Financial Accounts whilst taking responsibility for the line management of an assistant Financial Accountant.
You will take ownership of the full Trust Balance Sheet, completing monthly reconciliations alongside the ownership of the structure of the nominal ledger.
Within the role, you will take the lead on preparation for external audit, as well as supporting internal audit process.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Completing and submitting monthly VAT returns in a timely and accurate manner
- Completion of returns for submission to external bodies including the ESFA
- Maintaining the fixed asset register
- Completing a monthly cashflow forecast
- Tracking income and expenditure against capital projects and completing a monthly tracker
- Ensuring bank postings are completed in a timely and accurate manner and any issues are dealt with promptly
- Supporting schools and being the inhouse expert in relation to the PS Financials accounting system
- Completing and posting the monthly payroll journal and assisting in ensuring payroll checks are completed
There will also be other ad-hoc project work as the MAT continues to grow, including financial due diligence for new acquisitions.
What you'll need to succeed
This is a truly rewarding role working with a large and rapidly growing organisation. As the trust continues to grow, there may be potential for your role to grow with it.
To successfully apply for this position, you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant
- Sufficiently experienced in the reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts
- Sufficiently experienced in the presentation of complex financial information
- Well versed in demonstrating a commercially minded approach to managing a public-sector finance function
- Confident in quickly and efficiently getting large volumes of data from financial systems and presenting it in a useful and user-friendly format
- A confident and proficient user of Excel including lookups, pivot tables, and sumifs
- An inquisitive, team player with strong communication skills
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary of c.£40,000 per annum
- Above market average holiday allowance
- Permanent contract - 37.5 hours per week
- Strong benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Senior Finance Business Partner
£44000 - £54000 per annum
Examination Marking Opportunities
Day rate for each session marked
£60000.00 - £70000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits