|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Location:||Leeds, West Yorkshire|
|Salary:||£55000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Melanie Parkes|
|Job Published:||April 13, 2021 17:04|
The Financial Accountant is responsible for ensuring the reconciliation, billing, tax compliance and overall management of the intercompany accounting process across the global business as well involvement with audit preparation and balance sheet reconciliations.
A leading global professional services company based in Leeds.
The financial accountant is responsible for the intercompany group accounting process as well as picking up other financial accounting accountabilities.
Main duties include:
- Complete the monthly intercompany accounting process for the global group
- Deliver the monthly intercompany billing and reconciliation process to the agreed timetable.
- Ensuring group-wide charges charged appropriately to the relevant entities
- Act as the Finance expert, ensuring finance and non-finance colleagues are aware of and adhere to the group intercompany policy
- Investigate, resolve and provide commentary on intercompany differences on both P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Work closely with the cash team to settle intercompany balances regularly (reviewing any material FX exposures to reduce exchange rate risks).
- Support the group and local business entity statutory audits
- Ensure transfer pricing arrangements are posted, supported by detailed "audit ready" workings
- Deliver monthly balance sheet reconciliations to the various intercompany accounts
- Support new system implementation
This interim Financial Accountant role will begin in May or June at the latest so you must be available to start by then. You will be/have:
- A fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Previous experience of working in a financial accountant role ideally within a business and professional services focussed environment. Consultancy, Legal or Accountancy would be ideal backgrounds.
- Ideally a varied background of working in interim roles and picking things up quickly
- Previous working experience of transactional balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany, sales / purchase ledger, VAT control accounts
- Preferably experience of working across multiple currencies
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft excel
£55-60,000 p/a plus benefits
12 month fixed term contract (inside IR35)
A mix of working from home and the Leeds office
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
City of London, London
£250.00 - £350.00 per day
Finance Business Manager
£65000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
Senior Finance Manager
City of London, London
£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
Bradford, West Yorkshire
£70000 - £80000 per annum