|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Mark Houghton|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2021 17:45|
Our client is looking for an experienced, highly motivated and qualified Financial Accountant to join their proactive and ambitious Finance team. You will be responsible for the production of the annual Financial Statements and as leader in the finance team the role holder will develop, deliver, lead the Financial Accounts team on a day to day basis, contribute directly to the strategic development of the department.
Well known education business with an exceptional reputation in the North East.
- Responsible for the preparation and audit of the Statutory Accounts
- Responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts, quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and 5-year forecasts.
- Lead cashflow forecasting
- Responsible for the oversight of VAT accounting, including quarterly VAT return and Preparation of VAT certificates and Sales submission.
- Preparation of the annual Corporation tax and other returns.
- Provide advice and guidance on tax related issues, particularly in relation to VAT, and overseas taxation issues, liaising with external advisors where relevant.
- Keep up to date with Corporation tax and VAT legislative changes and requirements as well as identification of opportunities for tax efficiencies, as appropriate, through attendance at external events and seeking advice from external taxation experts.
- Responsibility and support in relation to other statutory and compliance returns
- Lead, develop and motivate the team so they enjoy their work, deliver high standards and are customer focused.
- Supervision of the treasury function through monitoring and authorising payments on a day-to-day basis and contributing to the development and implementation of changes to treasury management.
- Qualified CCAB Accountant
- Ideally coming from a practice background
- Demonstrable success in building close relationships and partnerships with key internal and external parties.
- Experience of contributing to the development and implementation of efficient and effective working practices.
- Good understanding of UK GAAP and technical post qualified experience is desirable.
Base salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum dependant on experience with a generous pension plan.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Financial Accountant
£200.00 - £230.00 per day
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£41000 - £49000 per annum
Interim TRAC Accountant
£182.93 - £221.86 per day
Group Financial Accounting Manager
City of London, London
£80000.00 - £100000.00 per annum + bonus and benefits
Interim Group Financial Accounting Manager
City of London, London
£500.00 - £600.00 per day