£40,000 - £50,000
10 days ago
Kate John Associates
This is a key role in a fast paced business which prides itself on supporting and developing people's career paths across the organisation.
This individual will be a key member of the Group Finance team, assisting with the preparation of the half year and year end Group financial statements, responsible for the preparation of the holding company management and statutory accounts, supporting subsidiary accountants and involved in development of the control environment.
Financial Reporting (external)
- Be a key member of the year end and half year consolidation team, taking ownership of sections of key sections and processes and preparing the relevant notes/disclosures.
- Assist UK subsidiary accountants with the completion of their financial statements.
- Be responsible for the preparation and completion of the financial statements.
- Draft technical accounting papers as and when required.
- Assess the impact of new/changes in accounting standards on the Group.
Management Reporting (internal)
- Understand and prepare consolidation entries for the Group management accounts.
- Take responsibility for the preparation of the holding company accounts, including month end reporting, expenditure analysis, accrual calculations, variance analysis, budget and forecasts.
- Understand accounting risks associated with the holding companies and manage them accordingly.
- Assist in improving the control environment of the Group, reviewing and updating sections of the Group accounting policies and procedures.
Candidate Minimum Requirements:
- Degree Educated
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Post qualification experience in industry
- Experienced in working with stakeholders
- Working in a team environment and actively contributing to the success of the team, and to improving what we do
- Well-developed analytical skills (experience using Power Query or Power BI); highly organised; flexible and focussed with an easy ability to prioritise
- Well-developed influencing and senior stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Use of financial reporting systems
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills
This role is based near Bristol with flexible working post Covid, time in office anticipated top be 3 days a week.