£500.00 - £600.00 per day
16 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Financial Accountant - Year End
Interim Financial Accountant role to help with year end
Your new company - public sector / Central Government Organisation
Your new role - your role will include but will not be limited to;
- Maintaining control over financial accounting data, resource and balance sheet expense code hierarchy, and accounting procedures to ensure monthly and annual accounts meet audit scrutiny;
- Production of monthly and annual accounts on a timely basis which meet audit scrutiny;
- Safeguarding the integrity of personal data held in the financial system;
- Maintaining current technical knowledge of eg Financial Reporting Standards, FREM, and VAT legislation, advising and supporting the business;
- Advising the business on technical financial matters at a strategic level such as capitalisation, depreciation and variance analysis;
- Maintaining key relationships with external stakeholders eg National Audit Office and HM Revenue and Customs;
What you'll need to succeed - you will be a qualified accountant with financial accounting and year end experience in central government You will be flexible and quick to learn as these roles will be mainly remote for the foreseeable.
What you need to do now - If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.