|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£38000 - £40000 per annum + excellent benefits|
|Contact Name:||Ross Brown|
|Job Published:||December 09, 2020 15:27|
This is a Maternity Cover for the Financial Accountant/Manager
My client is in my opinion one of the best companies in Wales.
The look after their people 1st and are key in the success of the growth of the economy in Wales.
Reporting the the Financial Controller, the Finance Manager will;
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review monthly management accounts in accordance with the agreed format and timetable.
- Review of month end reconciliations of key control accounts
- Provide feedback on the management accounts and support to team members involved in their preparation.
- Advise budget managers with monitoring their expenditure and commitments against budget.
- Preparation of the annual budget and production of going concern report to Board
- Review and authorisation of bank payments.
- Review of quarterly VAT return.
- Preparation of annual financial statements for subsidiary companies within the Group.
- Production of year end schedules and disclosures for subsidiary companies within the Group.
- Assist the Financial Controller with the preparation of the consolidation and production of the annual financial statements for the Group.
- Proactive identification of new accounting, audit and taxation issues by close contact with advisors and regular briefing of the finance team of their impacts.
- Implementation of new IFRS standards into the Group and subsidiary financial statements.
- Lead and motivate direct reports to ensure they are maximising their potential. This will include objective setting and monitoring within the performance management review scheme (PMR)
- To assist in the management of the accounting and financial control procedures which safeguard the assets of the company.
- Proactively identify areas of weakness and work across departments to identify/implement improvements.
- Assist the Financial Controller with development and improvement of the accounting and associated systems in accordance with best practice.
- Co-operation with internal and external auditors and advisers as required.
- Any other task as may be identified by the Financial Controller to meet the operational needs of the business.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Holder of a recognised UK accountancy qualification with at least 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience of line management in a Finance department.
- Up to date knowledge of technical accounting developments including IFRS9 and fair value accounting.
- Experience of preparation of financial statements under IFRS to include FRS 101 and FRS 102.
- Experience of consolidation accounting.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- IT literate with advanced ability using Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate through the medium of Welsh.
- Familiar with SAGE 200 or similar accounting packages.
- Familiar with Portfolio management systems.
- Familiar with Power BI and Excel in Business data management tools.
- Self motivated and flexible approach to work.
A 12 - 15 month FTC
January 2021 start
Salary c£38,000 - £40,000
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Research Manager - Not for Profit within Financial Services
Finance Manager - Cost Analysis and Challenge
Up to £50000 per annum
CIB - Investment Banking - Analyst
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£40000.00 - £48000 per annum + Excellent benefits package
Eschborn (65760), Hessen
£58734.65 - £67770.75 per annum