£50k - 55k per year
24 days ago
Have you honed your financial accounting skills to the point where you want to be leading on year end? Do you want to join an organisation with a newly formed structure, where new senior leaders are making big changes, creating the opportunity for you to progress? Are you a qualified accountant looking for a role in which you can take the bulk of the responsibility for ensuring accuracy in the financial records?
Based in South London, this is a Housing provider that is showing impressive growth and plays a key role in providing services for the local community, and reflects the diversity and energy of the area. The Financial Accountant will have the following key duties:
- Take full ownership of maintaining the general ledger and aim for total accuracy in the financial records
- Lead on the preparation for year end, producing the final statutory accounts for sign off by senior leaders, as well as being the key liaison for auditors
- Reconcile the balance sheet and control accounts, and make sure that the organisation’s finances comply with all regulations and requirements
- Play a pivotal role in making sure that the financial system is accurate, up to date, and its value is being maximised within the finance team
- Manage a junior member of staff, supporting their ambition and development
- Be a key point of financial expertise for the wider organisation, responding to queries, supporting the wider team to make the best use of practices, and promote finance as a resource to both internal and external customers.
With a new structure in place, the team is set up for success and has recently recruited some exceptional talent to help take things to the next level. This is an opportunity that would suit someone with prior financial accounting or audit experience, perhaps someone with a recent qualification looking to lead on year end for the first time while absorbing all the support on offer from those above.
The role would particularly suit someone with a dynamic mindset and approach, as upcoming changes in the way finance operates will result in a big shift in how finance is viewed from internal and external customers. Those who can react quickly to change, and appreciate new techniques and methods of promoting finance, will fare well.
To be considered for the role, please meet the following criteria:
- Be a fully qualified accountant
- Have an appreciation for the challenges of the housing and/or local authority sector, and have a positive attitude to change and improvement.
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships outside of finance
- Be ambitious and motivated to grow quickly in your career – this is a role that will allow the successful candidate to develop quickly and progress into more senior positions.
Please be among the first candidates to apply and don’t delay your application!