£35k - 40k per year
21 days ago
Interested in a position that offers a clear progression path towards a ‘Head of’ role? Want an excellent work/life balance? Are you a Financial Accountant looking to build your management experience? Then this is the role for you!
My client is a public sector organisation based in Norfolk, looking for a Financial Accountant to join their team in a role that is vital to the day-to-day running of the organisation.
The main responsibilities of the Financial Accountant role are as follows:
- Play a vital role in the production of year end accounts, working closely with the Head of Financial Accounts to do so.
- Take the lead in complex bank reconciliations, as well as reconciling a intricate fixed asset register to the general ledger.
- Full responsibility for company cash management, ensuring that cash flow is consistent, and accounts are maintained at a high level.
- Lead on all aspects of company VAT ensuring that all returns are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage a team of assistant accountants, overseeing their work and ensuring that it is produced to a high standard.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified or finalist Financial Accountant to build their career in a role that offers the potential for future development into a ‘Head of’ role working under a line manager who will give you every opportunity to do so. Furthermore, this is an organisation that his highly flexible with their working patterns, offering a significant amount of home working.
The successful candidate for the Financial Accountant role will have:
- Either qualified as an accountant or be a finalist (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.).
- Previous experience within a financial accountancy-based role.
- Ideally experience of working within Central Government, Local Government or the NHS, however, candidates without this are still encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply immediately as applications are reviewed daily and this role may be filled before the closing date.