|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£40k per year|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||September 14, 2020 18:59|
Are you an expert in financial accounting? Could you oversee the accounts payable and receivable function of a large organisation? Would you describe yourself as having strong attention to detail? If yes, read on!
Robertson Bell are currently working with this large public sector organisation whilst they recruit for a new permanent Financial Accountant. Reporting into the Financial Controller this position will have full oversight of all finance transactional processes and will also lead on the month-end closure. Duties of this role will include but will not be limited to:
- Review creditor accounts and ensure correct accruals are released.
- Answer any finance queries in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure bank accounts match trial balance and flag any discrepancies to the Financial Controller.
- Lead on the month-end closure, post journals and maintain monthly cashflow forecasts.
- Reconcile payroll data and work closely with the outsourced provider.
- Oversee the fixed asset register.
- Carry out monthly income calculation and oversee various reconciliations.
- Manage two Finance Officers and oversee all
- Ensure all payments are processed on time and manage the calculation of accruals.
- Lead on the monthly cashflow forecasts and treasury reports.
- Assist with a finance systems upgrade.
This would be the perfect opportunity for someone part qualified or recently qualified. This permanent and full time Financial Accountant would initially be based from home but candidates need to live a commutable distance from the organisations head office near Vauxhall. Employee benefits include 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and hugely flexible working arrangements.
This successful candidate will be:
- Be fully CCAB qualified or part qualified.
- Experienced in financial accounts.
- A confident people manager.
- Confident using Excels to an intermediate level.
- A good problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- Experienced in AP/AR processes.
If interested, please do not delay in applying as CV’s will be reviewed daily.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's