|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£38k - 40k per year|
|Contact Name:||Katie Wilson-Smith|
|Job Published:||July 27, 2020 19:04|
Are you seeking a Financial Accounting role within the charity sector? Would you enjoy managing a high performing team? Are you a newly qualified Accountant or at the latter stages of your qualification? If yes – this could be your next role!
Reporting into the Head of Finance this permanent Financial Accountant role based in Kent will offer a great challenge for a newly qualified Accountant working within a fantastic and growing charitable organsiation.
Main responsibilities of the Financial Accountant will be:
- Manage the year end process, working closely with the Head of Finance.
- Prepare corporation tax calculations and act as one of the main points of contacts for any VAT related queries.
- Manage two members of staff ensuring necessary support and development is always offered.
- Provide analysis and closely monitor audit adjustments.
- Write commentary for balance sheet reviews to support the monthly management accounts.
- Manage cash flow reporting on a weekly basis and carry out reviews of balance sheet reconciliations and journals.
- Oversee the accurate and timely documentation of financial procedures and processes.
- Oversee cash flow monitoring and forecasting and ensure effective treasury management is maintained at all times.
- Oversee the fixed asset register and assist with the development of the system and improvement of processes.
- Deputise for the Head of Finance when necessary.
The successful candidate will either be a newly qualified accountant or a finalist ideally with experience in charity SORP. Additionally, this position requires someone to have experience handling and analysing large volumes of data. This could also be a brilliant opportunity for someone looking to make their first move into a role in industry.
The successful candidate will:
- Be either a fully qualified Accountant (CIMA, ACCA or ACA), at the later stages of their qualification or qualified by experience.
- Have solid excel experience in order to work on multiple spreadsheets.
- Be a confident communicator.
- Aspire to develop their career within finance.
- Show ambition, determination and enthusiasm to gain exposure in a multi-faceted role in finance.
- Have proven financial accounts experience.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be technically sound.
Knowledge of charity SORP from time in audit is preferred but not essential.
If you feel this post could be of interest to you then please do not delay in applying.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£45000.00 - £48000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk
£200.00 - £230.00 per day
Bradford, West Yorkshire
Director Remedies, Business and Financial Analysis
£91,754 - £105,000 plus excellent benefits
Head of Finance
Chichester, West Sussex
£50000 - £55000 per annum