|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Start Date:||May / June 2020|
|Contact Name:||Jonathan Green|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2020 16:45|
Financial Accountant - North Devon
Your new company
Highly regarded, successful and well established North Devon manufacturing business with a global footprint.
This company has enjoyed sustained growth and is well positioned in the future to develop further.
Despite the current climate, this organisation has seen demand for their products increase through March and April.
Your new role
This newly created key position will have a matrix reporting line to the UK Finance Director and European leadership team. The role will be a blend of technical and management accounting duties to include:
- Taking full responsibility for the timely production of the monthly accounts and parent company reporting, gaining expertise in company and group systems.
- Key finance user for multi-site ERP system, supporting a major upgrade to meet the needs of UK and overseas Finance teams.
- Control monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts, ensuring adjustments are made in a timely manner. Manage VAT reporting and the emerging consequences of Brexit for European VAT compliance.
- Ensure the timely production and review of operating expenditure reports with budget holders. Work with budget holders to prepare expenditure forecasts & budgets Develop and manage rigorous internal controls.
- Ensure a continuous improvement approach is adopted within finance and support projects in the wider company.
- Control of capital expenditure program from initial applications to project control and maintaining Fixed Asset Register.
- Managing the company's insurance requirements including the annual return.
- Liaising with the company's tax advisors and production of relevant schedules for R&D Tax Credits HMRC Reporting (Payroll) and pensions reporting.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries and requests when appropriate.
Initial interviews will be conducted via video conference, throughout April with a final interview process in person.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally you will be either ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- A background in manufacturing / engineering finance is also desirable.
- Candidates with relevant experience in practice also considered.
- You will have strong technical reporting skills, you will be able to demonstrate a good level of IT literacy as well as excellent communication skills.
- You will be a driven individual with an ambition to excel in the role and develop a career within the group.
What you'll get in return
- Rare opportunity to join a highly successful business where you will benefit from long term job security.
- A culture that can provide autonomy and support, when required.
- Excellent salary and benefits package.
- Good onsite facilities, to include parking
- Longer term career opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£55000 - £65000 per annum
Group Financial Accountant
£38000 - £42000 per annum + Plus benefits package & bonus
Group Financial Accountant (Engineering)
City of London, London
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + bonus
Group Financial Accountant
Port Talbot, Neath Port Talbot
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
Senior Financial Accountant
East London, London
£50000 - £55000 per annum