|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£55000.00 - £60000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Chad Huzarski|
|Job Published:||March 10, 2020 17:16|
A source to pay role for a qualified accountant with a pharmaceutical business based in Slough. £60,000 + bens
Your new company
A multi-national pharmaceutical business
Your new role
Part of the Global Source to Pay value stream with Global Business Services, overseeing the transactional procurement, accounts payable and expense note processing
This position executes the S2P strategy within UK and Ireland and collaborates with regional counterparts in the S2P value stream to promote an efficient global S2P process
Assist Finance Manager in compliance activities and maintain effective internal controls for UK and Ireland.
Managing the outsourced Accounts Payable function for UK and Ireland
- This position is responsible for assisting with the S2P/Accounts Payable performance for UK and Ireland and SLA's with stakeholders. The activities include mainly Operation and Transaction support activities like Procurement (shopping Carts, POs….), Invoice Handling (scanning, OCR, 2/2.5/3-way matching , approvals…), expense note processing, vendor payments, End-User and System support….
- The position is accountable as backup support in S2P and requires becoming a subject matter expert on global policy to safe guard standard SOPs and leverage best practices.
- The position is the Key User for the S2P process, which includes acting as local main point of contact for process related questions, facilitating local communications, assisting/maintaining local approval matrices, and approving local SAP access for S2P related roles
- The position works closely with the local Sourcing team collaborating on projects both locally and globally related to the overall S2P process.
- Responsible for driving operational excellence on retained and outsourced operational and transactional activities including Procurement, Accounts Payable and Expense Note processing; ie strong focus on end to end process improvement.
- Assisting in review of Regional KPIs and SLAs on a monthly basis. Identify root causes, suggest and evaluate potential solutions and take actions to drive improvement.
- Coordinate as an Escalation Contact Point for issues with Offshore Team.
- Act as a liaison between End user community and outsource provider to drive efficiencies, and process improvements, meeting or exceeding compliance standards
- Responsible for acing as one of the local process experts/key stakeholders for global system enhancements or projects involving transactional procurement or payables. Assist with improvement projects at the regional level including gap analysis, system testing, training and change management.
- Train end user community and assist in training with our outsource partners.
- Be able to learn extensive knowledge in our accounting and banking systems to support as backup when needed,
- Managing a team of outsourced off shore Accounts Payable operatives to deliver the Accounts Payable function, with a single point of contact for the business and Suppliers, internal/external customers.
- Responsible for the prompt and correct payment to suppliers of within agreed terms and to maximise cash flow.
- Systems: contributing to IT and other developments that impact on the procurement and accounts payable process
Maintain effective internal controls and compliance
- Liaises with Internal & External Auditors on all aspects of the audit of Accounts Payable providing explanation and information as required. Assisting in the development and implementation of action plans to address any issues arising from Internal or External Audit Reports.
- Anti- Fraud: overseeing implementation and effective operation of anti-fraud controls; raising anti-fraud awareness within the accounts payable team.
- Becomes a trusted finance representative to all internal and external stakeholders
- Performs ad-hoc financial analysis, based on business needs
- Coordinate the updating and maintenance of the Master Data and DOA for the related affiliates
- Ensure the maintenance and archiving of contracts in relation with the Legal Department
- Ensure all data required for insurance renewals and coverage is completed on time and monitor all claims
- Ensure internal controls are embedded into the process and supporting policies and procedures are kept up to date
- Liaise and coordinate work of the Genpact Offshore teams including issue resolution and business process changes
- Assist Finance manager on estimating and preparation of various journals and accruals, review balance sheet reconciliations for suspense accounts and ensure items are cleared
What you'll need to succeed
Professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
5-10 years accountancy experience including managing S2P stakeholder queries, experience with a Business Process outsourcing environment.
Strong analytical and communication skills
Ability to challenge established processes
Ability to interact with management and manage stakeholders effectively
Ability to identify performance metrics and monitor KPIs
Ability to explain differences and recommend solutions
Ability to prioritize and embrace changes in tools and processes
Strong Knowledge of accounting and closing procedures SAP, Excel, BI Cognos, and budget tools
What you'll get in return
Salary £55,000 - 60,000 26 days holiday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Interim Financial Accountant
£45753 - £51668 per annum
Financial Controller (BioTech)
£70000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus
Financial Reporting Manager - Japan
£75000.00 - £85000.00 per annum
Group Reporting Manager
South London, London
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + shares scheme potential
Senior Finance Manager
£65000 - £75000 per annum