|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Nick Harris|
|Job Published:||March 09, 2020 15:49|
The Financial Accountant will contribute to the development and implementation of the departmental accounting systems, policies and procedures. They will also be tasked with day-to-day management of the finance processing team (3 people).
Based just outside of Didcot, this global client have sites in the UK, Ireland, Europe, Africa and the US. This role has come available due to the currently incumbent making an internal transfer into an operational role.
The successful Financial Accountant's key responsibilities:
- Managing month-end activities including Group reporting, journals and balance-sheet reconciliations.
- VAT return preparation & submission for the group.
- People management of the financial processing team.
- Management of the annual Statutory audit process, including preparation of the statutory financial accounts
- Provide Board Pack materials as required.
- Cost Centre Management - Labour, Expenses & Depreciation. Cost Centre Reporting.
- Payroll related month end allocations and ongoing cost code maintenance.
- Assembling data for quarterly and annual Tax filings.
- Maintaining Access and Approvals workflows, within the financial systems, including appropriate segregation of duties.
- Adhoc projects and reports as needed.
The successful Financial Accountant will be:
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA Qualified (newly qualified or experienced)
- Minimum of 4 years working experience within a Finance Department
- Good understanding of month end procedures
- Excellent communicator
- Team player
- Proven ability of working under pressure / to tight deadlines
- Strong IT skills (especially Excel. Will be expected to perform competency test at interview stage)
On offer for the successful candidate is a salary of circa £45,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£65000 - £70000 per annum + bonus, healthcare and pension
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus
Management Accountant (BioTech)
£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum + bonus
Financial Services Manager
£52k - 60k per year
Senior FP&A Analyst
£45000.00 - £50000 per annum + Bonus