|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Location:||South West London, London|
|Salary:||£42000 - £45000 per annum + flexitime, working from home|
|Contact Name:||Stuart Thomson|
|Job Published:||February 10, 2020 19:21|
Do you want your next career-move to be in a respected, recognisable and historic Government department? Do you want to use your strong technical skills to give sound financial support to an organisation in the public eye? Want to work in beautiful surroundings in South West London?
This admired organisation offers a generous Civil Service employee benefits package and they are devoted to supporting and training staff, always offering opportunities for continued development. The role of the Financial Accountant provides crucial support to key areas, with main responsibilities such as:
- Leading on the organisation's complex VAT affairs - ensuring compliance with HMRC regulations, leading all returns, and ensuring accuracy at all times
- Overseeing the Fixed Asset register valued at £160m, manipulating complex Excel spreadsheets, evaluating depreciation, and making sure acquisitions and disposals are accurately reflected
- Assisting the Head of Finance in preparing statutory accounts and being a key point of contact for internal and external audit
- Provide support to the IT in relation to the Finance Systems
- Reviewing reconciliations from the Transactional team and acting as a strong line of defence against accounting errors
- Providing financial support to colleagues and internal stakeholders.
The role can offer some flexibility to work from home, and there is a very generous flexible working policy and annual leave entitlement. Another huge appeal of the role is that down the line, the successful candidate will be able to apply to any civil service role, meaning that this role is an excellent foot in the door for a long career in Government Finance.
As a role that will develop staff for the long term, this opportunity would strongly suit candidates currently working in audit who are looking to make their first move out of practice. Similarly, candidates with a background in financial accounting are firmly encouraged to apply.
To be considered, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Be at least exam qualified. Candidates will ideally be fully qualified
- Have experience working in departments where there is a need to build and nurture relationships both inside and outside of finance
- Be a first class communicator, both written and verbal.
Applications are under constant review - please apply immediately to be considered. The post can close early if the right candidate is found so please don't delay!
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Financial Accountant
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Civil Service Pension Scheme
Financial Reporting and Tax Accountant
£50000 - £55000 per annum
65448 - 65448
£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
38000 - 45000