£40000 - £45000 per annum
14 days ago
Would managing the Financial Accounting function for a medium-large sized charity interest you?
Do you want to lead a team and provide opportunity for development and progression through your own experience?
Does having responsibility over multiple areas of finance including year-end, treasury, income and fixed asset sound like your next role?
This newly created position at a well-established charity foundation is an excellent opportunity to take responsibility over the financial processes and procedures and lead on areas such as investment, treasury, fixed asset register and the year-end audit
- To maintain, improve and develop the financial accounting function for a medium-large sized charity
- Manage a small team of Assistant Accountants and ensure accurate transactional functions across the team
- Show strong technical knowledge by providing accurate and timely financial reporting across a multi-faceted finance function
- Lead on the year-end audit including liaising with auditors to provide appropriate information
- Produce detailed reporting on investment, property and fixed asset register
- Ensure responsibility of accurate reporting across areas such Treasury, VAT and Income
- Apply knowledge and expertise across the team to help implement a new system across finance
- A qualified candidate (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA)
- Have working knowledge of leading on Financial Accounting including leading the year-end audit
- Ideally experience of working for a charitable organisation
- Ideally have experience of managing/supervising a small team
- Strong communication skills
This is an excellent opportunity to make a mark on a well-established charity going through a significant period of change and growth. With opportunity for flexible working, a generous pension, health care plan and enhanced maternity pay, this could be the next job for you.