£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
23 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Financial Accountant Newcastle under Lyme £35,000- £40,000
Your new company
My client is an established business which continues to grow organically and by acquisition. Due to ongoing growth they are looking for ACCA or ACA qualified Financial Accountant to join their finance team.
Your new role
As a Financial Accountant you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monthly accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly financial accounts and monthly consolidated group reporting pack
- Cash flow preparation and analysis
- Accounts commentary on key variances to budget
- Variance analysis and commentary
- Assisting in the preparation of the monthly board pack
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Assisting with the year-end audit preparation and dealing with audit queries
- Assist with annual budget preparation and monthly forecasting
- Providing support and mentoring to more junior team members
- Supporting the wider financial reporting team with one off projects
What you'll need to succeed
You will be ACA or ACCA qualified ( finalists will be considered as well) and have previous experience in a similar role, ideally some previous experience of IFRS reporting, intermediate knowledge of Excel to include vlookups and pivot tables, strong analytical skills and great attention to detail.
What you'll get in return
Depending on experience you will get salary c £35,000- £40,000, alongside a range of benefits and generous annual leave allowance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.