|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £45000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Katie Edwards|
|Job Published:||October 01, 2019 10:25|
Your new company
Hays are currently recruiting for a profitable, fast paced and growing business based in Norwich. This company has recently gone through some positive internal change and are now looking to bring more technical skills and expertise to bolster a strong team. They are a reputable group organisation who are looking to continue strong financial performance and align that with a positive working culture.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role will be to support the Group FC with the production of robust financial accounting information, financial controls and compliance.
Your key responsibilities will be:
Statutory and Management Reporting, specifically;
Year-end statutory accounts and audit - in conjunction with the FC, day to day project management of the year-end accounting
- Co-ordination/preparation of the year-end audit deliverables;
- Preparation of the Group statutory consolidation;
- Preparation of all UK statutory accounts;
Monthly accounts - support in production of timely, accurate and relevant management accounts for group including:
- Consolidated and Business Unit P&L, Consolidated Balance Sheet and Cash Flow;
- Analysis of direct costs, overheads and profit improvement projects, including commentary;
- Capex reporting and control, including maintenance of approvals register and enforcement of policy;
- Monthly Balance Sheet analysis and reconciliations;
- Review of bank reconciliations prepared by Treasury Controller and Assistant Financial Accountant;
- Loading of monthly financial results to Cognos platform.
Robust financial control and compliance
- As directed by the FC, preparation and update of the financial control manual;
- Maintenance of JDE user profiles;
- Oversight of maintenance of supplier standing data and undertaking of audit checks as required.
- Support the FC in preparation and review of the 13 week rolling cash flow forecast;
- Support the FC in maintenance and control of banking mandates, including BACs, ensuring mandates are accurate and appropriate controls are maintained;
- System administrator for corporate credit cards and transactional banking platform;
- Support the FC with all UK direct and indirect taxation compliance;
- Preparation of monthly UK and non-UK VAT returns, including Intrastat and EC Sales, and annual Corporation Tax returns.
Finance systems and processes
- Documenting current finance processes and procedures, as directed by the FC;
- Support the FC in maintaining user access and ledger structure in JDE.
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be a fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant but those actively studying will also be considered. You will ideally have worked within industry for 2 years or more and have exposure to year end statutory reporting and audit, taxation, corporation tax and VAT. Experience of group consolidations including non- UK entities is essential and experience of systems and process change would be highly advantageous.
What you'll get in return
You will receive competitive pay and benefits package, free on site parking and study support if required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + bonus, enhanced holidays and pension
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits
£28000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + excellent benefits
£40000 - £45000 per annum