|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£45000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Hermione Rowe|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2019 15:11|
Michael Page are delighted to be working with an exceptional fast growing Business headquartered in Peterborough. They are looking for a Finance Accountant who is looking for their next challenge
A well established business based in Peterborough
- Manage cash flow activities ensuring that all Global cash transactions are reflected promptly and accurately in the ledgers so cash position is always known.
- Ensure that bank reconciliations for all banks are done each month and that unreconciled items and queries are resolved promptly.
- Prepare an accurate and timely cash flow forecast on a weekly basis and a more detailed forecast at the end of each month so that Senior management has a clear understanding of its working capital requirements.
- Manage the transfer of funds, advances and floats to projects and local offices, ensuring that these are recorded accurately and in a timely fashion and ensure that the liquidity requirements of the local offices are known in advance and forecast accordingly.
- Accountable for managing cash flow activities including liaising with the bank and producing an accurate cash flow forecast on a weekly basis with a more detailed forecast at each month end.
- Manage the Accounts Receivable function to ensure timeliness and accuracy and to maximise cash receipts.
- Manage the Accounts Payable function to ensure correct authorisation and timeliness of payments and coordinate the weekly Supplier and Expenses payment run in line with cash forecast.
- Ensure that Payroll, Pensions and PAYE transactions are posted correctly and reconciled each month for all offices and the required information is supplied to HMRC.
- Manage the budget, forecasts and reporting of actuals for all Business Support Departments in conjunction with the respective Department Managers. This includes providing guidance on reducing overhead expenditure and maximising the use of our resources.
- Ensuring that the appropriate VAT returns are submitted and liaising with the Local Offices to ensure that their VAT Returns are also submitted on a timely basis
- Responsible for the balance sheet account reconciliations relating to the role's area of responsibility, including Bank, Trade Creditors, Trade Debtors, Prepayments, Overhead Accruals, Payroll, Pension and PAYE
Proven corporate accounting experience and understanding of cash flow management and best practice in day-to-day accounting activities around the management of accounts payable and accounts receivable ledgers
Experience of people management and developing a team
Proven experience and skill in building productive relationships both internally with department managers and externally with suppliers, auditors and bankers
Competitive salary and benefits package.
Fantastic working environment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
Wigan, Greater Manchester
£34000.00 - £39000.00 per annum
£25.00 - £27.00 per hour
Interim Financial Accountant
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£150.00 - £175.00 per day