|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Location:||Wolverhampton, West Midlands|
|Salary:||£40000.00 - £47000.00 per annum + 20% Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Hollie Wildman|
|Job Published:||June 17, 2019 14:41|
I'm currently recruiting for a FTSE 250 Financial Services organisation for a Financial Accountant. This will be a key role at the centre of the Group's financial accounting activities. The role will report to the Accounting Manager and support the delivery of high-quality financial reporting and the daily execution of a varied range of core accounting team processes.
As part of this role you will maintain the integrity of the general ledger system and ensure the group maintains tight financial control. You will play a key part in the execution of day to day financial accounting activities, including but not limited to: the preparation and posting of accounting journals across a diverse range of commercial activities within a multi company group structure, support for external audit and profit verifications, preparing reconciliations; involvement in the sales process, contribution towards the preparation of the monthly management accounts including expense analysis, maintaining project trackers, involvement across a range of tax returns such as Corporation Tax, VAT & PSA as well as supporting the statutory accounts process such as drafting judgement papers.
In order to succeed in this role you will have experience in the following:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (essential);
- Preparing journals for Group entities including special purpose entities;
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations and resolution of reconciling items;
- Contribute towards the production of monthly management accounts and involvement in detailed review;
- Prioritise day to day responsibilities to deliver excellent financial support for the business;
- Take an involved role with the maintenance and support of the Group's general ledger system ensuring integrity in the underlying accounting records in particular taking care on accurate VAT posting and posting across Group entities;
- Experience in the preparation of tax returns such as VAT and PSA;
- Compliance with policies and procedures taking into account legislative and regulatory responsibilities;
- Proactively drive process improvement initiatives;
- Experience in a risk management framework within the team including adherence to controls;
If this role is of interest, please reply to this advert with a copy of your updated CV ASAP.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's