|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||William Plom|
|Job Published:||April 15, 2019 16:37|
Your new company
Hays are currently recruiting on behalf of a well established international wholesaler based on the outskirts of Norwich. Our client is a forward thinking organisation that are restructuring their finance function and are looking to recruit a technically sound Financial Accountant to play a pivotal role within the team.
We are looking for someone ideally immediately available but our client is still interested in those having to adhere to a notice period.
Your new role
You will work proactively to prepare, develop and analyse key financial information to enable well-informed decisions on future stability, growth and profitability. You will support from the Divisional Finance Manager a variety of reporting requirements consisting of statutory accounts, tax, vat submissions as well as management accounts and budgeting. Ad hoc analysis will also be required, suggesting solutions to problems, adapting to changing circumstances and identifying where efficiencies can be made in both financial processes and branch operations
Specifically you will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the general ledger function, month-end close process, account reconciliations, manual journal entries, etc.
- Review balance sheet reconciliations prepared by the finance assistant and help resolve any reconciling items
- Review standard monthly journals prepared by the finance assistant as well as prepare non-standard entries for review by the finance manager
- Daily and weekly reporting to the management teams and branches on key business performance metrics
- Monthly reporting covering P&L and Working Capital performances
- Support the quarterly production of the Business Performance Review pack
- Annual statutory reporting
- Preparation of Corporation Tax returns
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to Group Finance
- Report on causes of variances and resolve issues directly with relevant departments
- Production / consolidation of short term forecasts - mid month and mid year - to provide clarity on expected financial performance
- Manage the annual budget process at a day to day level. Contribute to and drive the budgeting process throughout the company
- Contribute to medium and long-term business planning / forecasts
Analysis and decision support
- Analyse financial performance, identifying trends and variances, and communicating findings in the appropriate way
- Preparing business plans and base cases for initiatives and projects, conduct initiative tracking and post-implementation reviews
- Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make decisions
Business Partnering & Customer Service
- Act as a business partner to various areas of the business and wider organisation - working closely with all levels of colleagues,
- Interpreting data, and creating usable information, proactively highlighting trends and potential problems
- Reviewing performance against targets at branch level, relating to P&L and Working Capital objectives
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
- Support the year end audit and assist in dealing with audit queries
- Undertake process and system improvements to streamline activities and increase accuracy of results
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week between Monday and Friday.
What you'll need to succeed
You must have a proactive approach to work and be able to troubleshoot and problem solve when necessary. You must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to articulate financial information to the wider business. You will need to be qualified or actively studying towards a recognised chartered accountancy qualification and must have strong Excel ability.
What you'll get in return
If successful in gaining the permanent position this business offers a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave entitlement + bank holidays, a healthy pension contribution and free on site parking.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
£50000 - £60000 per annum
Financial Accountant (succession planning opportunity)
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum
£55000.00 - £70000.00 per annum