|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Contact Name:||Michal Piszczek|
|Job Published:||July 27, 2021 08:54|
Interim Financial Accountant
£400 p/d Umbrella
Working on a Government Major Project delivering an enterprise wide move to move to standard services, common processes, improved data, improved working practices across corporate services and to effectively manage the transformation needed across Departments Group. They are now implementing a new ERP and need contractors to come in and cover the accounting work whilst the current team work on this implementation. This is a pure financial accountancy role dealing with reconciliations, transactions, audits and fixed assets-the candidate should have experience in these areas and knowledge of accounting standards.
Key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Support process reviews and design to support development of new ERP systems and processes, incorporating required functionality to meet accounting requirements whilst exploring and implementing innovative solutions for increased automation, better link data sources and improving evidence to support decisions held in the system.
- Production of the Annual Report and Accounts (ARA) for senior management review, ensuring the ARA document is updated for any changes to the FReM and accounting standards;
- Develop a plan for Finance staff to meet the requirements of the National Audit Office at interim and final audit.
- Ensuring team input to key finance activities, such as Departments Annual Report and Accounts, is timely, accurate and that relevant interim and end year information is provided and preparation of the narrative section of the annual report.
- Provide expert finance advice and resolving queries from stakeholders (NAO, HMT, Cabinet Office and external delivery partners). Ensure business areas have financial controls in place and are using the correct accounting treatment in line with International Financial Reporting Standards and government spending policies.
- Advising on the implementation of new accounting standards
- Production of financial tables, notes, analysis and reconciliations to support financial accounts.
A professional finance qualification or equivalent in a related field (CCAB, CIPFA, ACA, ACCA, and CIMA) is required but willing to consider candidates who are studying at Strategic level with relevant finance experience. If you are interested and would like to see a full job description, please apply with an up to date CV. If you are already in a contract, please feel free to recommend any colleagues/ friends who may be interested.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£38000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
£38,922 rising to £43,649 over four years
£300.00 - £325.00 per day
£37,300 - 40,248 per year + up to £5,000 accountancy allowance
Senior Qualified Accountant
£38,654 + £4000 Recruitment and Retention Allowance