£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
22 days ago
Hays Senior Finance
Top 20 firm of accountants have a job vacancy for a financial accountant to join their London based team
Your new company
This top 20 firm of accountants provide a wide range of business services to clients across an array of sectors. Services include audit, accounting, taxation and other advisory services. With a great reputation in the market, this firm offer a great working environment, they encourage a true work life balance while ensuring great progression opportunities
Your new role
The role is part of the business services team and will be to provide a quality professional service within the FCA regulatory reporting and advisory team. Duties to include:
- Facilitate the preparation of periodic returns for FCA regulated clients
- Carry out all work including planning, executing, completing and producing a client ready product
- Liaise with clients within your portfolio and be their primary point of contact
- Understand the technical rules and regulations and apply these to FCA reporting requirements
- Prepare underlying calculations to support regulatory returns
- Assist clients with preparation of financial and capital adequacy forecasts
- Provide ad-hoc advisory services to FCA regulated clients
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed, you will be a qualified accountant with an excellent knowledge if UK accounting standards. You will have experience of preparing statutory and/or management accounts including cash flows. Have the ability to review a file and the work of junior team members as well as have the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. If you have knowledge of IFRS, financial forecasting and FCA regulations would be desirable.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package as well as be joining a top 20 firm with an excellent reputation and one that promotes work life balance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.