£40000 - £45000 per annum
24 days ago
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant to really develop their career in a truly hands-on and varied role. This position offers a blend of monthly reporting, analysis of financial performance, and business partnering with key stakeholders across the business. You will form part of a close-knit team, reporting into the Financial Controller, and will have a real opportunity to broaden your experience and progress your career.
My client are a hugely successful business, with operations across the globe. They are market leaders in their industry, and offer the opportunity for the successful individual to really make their mark in the team and wider business, and progress through the ranks.
As Financial Accountant, your duties will include:
- Overseeing and reviewing month-end accounts for reporting to the board
- Analysis of financial performance and delivering key insights and commentary to the senior leadership team
- Review of monthly VAT returns and reconciliation to the general ledger
- Support and review work of more junior team members
- Compiling information for ad hoc reporting to the wider business
- Liaising and business partnering with colleagues across the wider business, to add value and provide insightful commentary to the board
- Working closely with the audit team
- Being actively involved in process improvement projects
- Being aware of potential areas of financial fraud and mitigating these risks
- Supporting wider finance team, including working closely with financial controller and finance director
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Competent technical accounting/financial reporting knowledge
- Strong Excel skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work closely with key stakeholders, and deliver insight and analysis to Board
- Proactive and keen to identify areas of improvement and implement solutions
- Team player
In return, the client are offering a competitive salary plus wider package. This is a rare opportunity for a qualified accountant to join a growing business in a collaborative and supportive team, reporting directly to the Financial Controller. You will have the opportunity to really broaden your experience, and progress your career, with real opportunity to develop as the business continues to grow.