£35k - 42k per year
14 days ago
Are you a determined and ambitious individual looking to enhance your financial accounting skills? Keen to take the next step in your finance career in a role with line management responsibility? Want to work for an inspiring charity whose work supports the daily lives of the local community?
If yes, this is the role for you!
My client is a London based charity who are now seeking a Financial Accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. Reporting into the Finance Director, you will take the lead on the charity’s year end procedures and provide critical support and leadership to one Finance Officer.
The key duties and responsibilities of this Financial Accountant role are as follows:
- Take the lead on the preparation of the draft of the statutory accounts for review by the Finance Director.
- Line manage a Finance Officer, checking the accuracy of their work and providing hands-on support as required.
- Act as the key point of contact for the auditors and lead the preparation of the audit schedules.
- Provide invaluable support in the annual budget setting process.
- Play a key role in the implementation of the charity’s new finance system.
- Full responsibility for monitoring the ages debtors list and raising sales invoices in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with the outsourced payroll provider and post all relevant journals into the system.
This Financial Accountant role comes at an exciting time for the charity and will suit someone with previous statutory accounts experience who is now looking to take the next step in their career. Candidates studying towards their ACA qualification and looking to make their first move out of audit are also strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will have:
- Reached the final level of their accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Experience working on the preparation of statutory accounts.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Good communication skills.
- The ambition and determination to build a fantastic career in Financial Accounting and enthusiasm to learn on the job.
If you are interested, please do not delay in applying as applications are being reviewing daily and interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.