£35000 - £45000 per annum + Very Generous Benefits
7 days ago
Fast-growing, exciting UK business focusing on growing in the UK and internationally. Opportunity for newly qualified ACA / ACCA accountants to move into industry, or for people with industry experience looking to take their next step with an exciting & dynamic UK industry leader.
The client is a fast-growing UK business in the Transport space. With a round of investment confirmed for the business this year, there has been no better time for a technical-finance specialist to move into industry, or for someone to build on their Financial Accounting experience by taking the next step in their career with a market-leading UK travel brand.
- Routine periodic, quarterly and annual requirements and additional Group reporting as and when requested.
- Liaising with other Finance colleagues as outputs are prepared elsewhere within the organisation (eg periodic management accounts, forecasts, budgets) without being directly responsible for their production or review
- Supporting the production of the AEM Ltd Statutory Accounts, including extensive liaison with external audit (currently EY and Deloitte)
- Assisting in enforcing the financial governance and controls in the business, ensuring that they are formally monitored and exceptions are reported, that internal controls are robust and that financial systems and processes are developed accordingly.
- Undertake analysis and controls of EMR's Balance Sheet, including IFRS16 requirements, and to assist in ensuring all balance sheet reconciliations are reviewed periodically.
- Contribute fully to budget and forecasting of EMR's Balance Sheet and Cashflow
- Support all EMR taxation and compliance matters with HMRC and other external bodies as appropriate
- Support the management of the Finance team's risk register, including updating periodically the risks and proposing mitigating actions.
- Deputise for the Senior Financial Accountant as and when required for interactions with Group Finance.
- A recognised professional accountancy qualification.
- Period end processes experience (e.g. journals, reconciliations) and preparation of forecasts/budgets.
- Ability to create and implement practical and robust financial control and governance processes at pace.
- Stakeholder management with the ability to influence and advise across all levels in a large organisation.
- Intermediate (or higher) level Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) skills.
- Excellent Railway Pension scheme
- Free travel on the companies network
- 1st Class Duty Travel on the network
- Friends and Family discounted Tickets on the network
- Up to 34 Days paid leave
- 75% discount on National Travel (inc partner and dependants)
- Various training opportunities
- Additional bonuses & benefits