|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||£30k - 40k per year|
|Contact Name:||Kathryn Moss|
|Job Published:||May 14, 2021 16:54|
Anglican Communion Office (ACO) are partnering exclusively with Robertson Bell to recruit a Financial Accountant on a permanent basis. Founded in 1968, the ACO is the permanent Secretariat for the Instruments of Communion and supports the Anglican Communion in over 165 countries around the world.
This developmental role will be responsible for managing the entire purchase ledger and providing invaluable support in the preparation of the management and financial accounts. The Director of Finance is looking to invest in someone ambitious, with the view of providing exceptional on the job training to eventually enable the post holder to assume additional responsibility and grow into a more senior role over time.
The Anglican Communion is one of the world’s largest Christian communities. All of their 41 provinces are autonomous and free to make their own decisions - guided by recommendations from the four Instruments: the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Anglican Consultative Council, the Primates’ Meeting, and the Lambeth Conference.
This role offers a full-time opportunity with extremely flexible working arrangements and an excellent benefits package, including 10% employer pension contribution, 30 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) and opportunities to work from home. Although home-based initially, candidates applying must live within a reasonable commute from their office in Westbourne Park, London.
The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage the Purchase Ledger, including processing invoices, corporate credit card transactions and expense claims.
- Record grants and income received and ensure acknowledgements are sent to donors by the appropriate staff member.
- Reconcile bank accounts and petty cash to ledgers.
- Maintain Fixed Asset records and perform quarterly depreciation calculations.
- Review quarterly investment reports and ensure investment income and valuation gains and losses are accurately recorded.
- Support the month end close and production of management accounts, balancing the prioritisation of monthly controls against ongoing daily processes.
- Substantiate the balance sheet assets and liabilities, including intercompany accounts and control accounts.
- Support funding applications and subsequent financial reporting to grant making bodies and partner organisations, and to internal committees responsible for overseeing restricted funds.
- Assist in the budget and financial planning processes and the production of annual statutory accounts.
- Support the Guest House Manager to prepare invoices and collect payments.
- Support the Meetings Administrator in reimbursing delegates for air travel, in accordance with the travel policy.
- Support the Director of Finance in automating processes and upgrading systems.
The successful candidate will have:
- Part qualified accountant (ICAEW, ICAS, CIMA, ACCA, or equivalent).
- Demonstrable finance experience in a similar role particularly accounts payable and bank reconciliations.
- Excellent IT literacy, with excellent Microsoft Excel skills and experience of accounting software.
- Experience of SAP Business One is desirable.
- An understanding and knowledge of the UK charity finance environment is also desirable, but not essential.
- Willingness to learn and seek personal development in the role.
- A keen determination to learn from the experience of others and apply new solutions to problems.
- Brilliant organisational skills, with the ability to manage own workload, prioritise competing demands, and escalate when appropriate.
- An understanding of and be sympathetic to the life and work of the Anglican Communion.
The closing date for applications is on the 31st May 2021. CVs will be under constant review before this date, so please submit your application ASAP with our exclusive search agent Robertson Bell to avoid disappointment.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£35k - 42k per year
Financial Accountant - Straight from Practice
£45000 - £50000 per annum
International Programme Accountant
£39k - 42k per year
Accountant - Charity
£30000.00 - £32500.00 per annum
Interim Senior Accountant
£350 - 400 per day