|Job Title:||Financial Accountant|
|Salary:||35000 - 55000|
|Contact Name:||Holly Thompson|
|Job Published:||May 12, 2021 14:47|
Want to join us?
The finance team have expanded rapidly in previous years, and with more exciting plans within finance we are looking to bring a qualified accountant into the team. You will lead and oversee our financial control processes. This is a broad and varied role, from managing the purchase ledger and month end processes to preparing management accounts, VAT returns and assisting with preparation of our Annual Report. The role will suit someone with one or two years post qualified experience who is looking to develop and grow their skills in a fast-paced organisation.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (there’s no 2 days the same in Atom):
- Lead the monthly financial close process with oversight of all key elements, including; Purchase ledger, prepayments and accruals; Fixed and intangible assets & Accounting adjustments for banking products (including EIR and hedge accounting)
- Own the general ledger and sub ledger systems including group consolidation
- Assist in tax compliance (preparation of VAT and corporation tax returns)
- Support on technical accounting judgements and processes including hedge accounting, credit provisioning, effective interest rate adjustments and
- Support for producing monthly management accounts and MI for the Executive Committee and the Board.
- Lead / Assist with the production of the company’s statutory accounts
- Coach and develop trainee accountants in the team
- Develop and maintain complex financial models in Microsoft Excel to support key financial close processes.
- Carry out ad hoc financial analysis as required
All roles within Atom must adhere to the Conduct Rules as set out by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
As part of our journey in building and running a bank we’ll encounter many risks along the way. In order to make sure the road doesn’t become too bumpy we expect everyone to make a conscious effort to proactively tackle and highlight any risks that we might face.
What do we need from you?
- Behaves in a manner consistent with Atom’s values at all times
- Qualified accountant with strong technical skills (i.e. ACA, CIMA)
- Graduate level education or equivalent
- Strong Excel modelling skills or equivalent
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and team-working capabilities
- Hard-working and self-motivated
What would we ideally like from you?
- Strong skills in other Office applications including PowerPoint and Word or Google equivalents
- Experience in a start-up or high growth environment
- Skills and experience in banking or financial services
- Experience automating processes or implementing system changes and upgrades.
What you’ll get from us:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual share option bonus – Performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (13% Atom contribution)
- 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days – rising by half a day with every year in the company
- Private medical insurance for you and immediate family
- ‘All About Me’ fund – £200 per year to spend on learning a new skill (but it can’t be anything to do with your job). Recently people have done upholstery courses, had driving lessons and a rowing membership.
- Health cash plan – expenses paid on optical/dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life insurance – four times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications.
PLEASE NOTE: You must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role. Atom bank are unable to support Visa Applications/Sponsorship.
Atom bank is an equal opportunities employer. We value you as an individual and therefore disregard race, religion/belief, gender, sexual orientation, maternity/pregnancy, age, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership and disability in any hiring decisions we make. Atom bank will always adhere to the Equality Act 2010.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Commercial Finance Analyst - IFRS 9
£50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits
The Chief Finance Officer (CFO) Group
40000 - 50000
Corporate Development Analyst
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum